Skip to content
- Bmore Strings organizes at least 1 studio recital per-year.
- Recitals are an exciting musical opportunity for students to display and refine their skills in stage performance in front of a supportive audience of parents, family, friends, and fellow students. Student participation is encouraged!
- 30 & 60 minute lessons are scheduled weekly throughout the school year and during the summer months as well. Additional lessons can be scheduled to help prepare students for auditions, concerts, and recitals.
- Student absences are not eligible for lesson credits (refunds).
- Your teacher will try their best to make up student’s missed lessons. To be eligible for make-up lessons your teacher must receive at least 24-hours notice of any missed lessons in the form of phone call, voicemail, text message, or email.
- Make-up lessons must be scheduled within 30 days of student’s absence. Make-up lessons are not guaranteed and are subject to teacher availability.
- No-shows or forgotten lessons are not eligible for make-up lessons or credits (refunds).
- Make-up lessons cannot be rescheduled.
- In lieu of make-up lessons for student absences, 1 courtesy credit (refund) per-season in the fall, winter, spring, and/or summer months can be issued when eligible.
- Lessons cancelled by your teacher will be rescheduled at a mutually agreeable time or a full lesson credit (refund) will be issued towards the following month’s tuition charge.
- Please have students arrive on time for their lessons. No food or drinks (i.e. snacks, candy, chewing gum, soda, juice, etc.) allowed in the teaching studio. Water is fine.
- On occasion your teacher might leave a few minutes towards the end of a lesson to discuss student progress with a parent or guardian. This is considered part of the student’s lesson time.
- Please notify your teacher two weeks prior to discontinuing lessons.
Violin & Viola Practicing
- Parental involvement in recommended for younger students in supporting student’s weekly practice sessions. Older students should plan their own weekly practice sessions that meets their musical goals.
- Students should bring their instrument, a journal, and any recommended music books to each lesson. Weekly practice assignments will be notated in student journals. Younger students will be given practice charts to help facilitate weekly practicing.
- String students should keep their fingernails short. Longer fingernails will lead to tuning difficulties, and lack of clear articulation.
Tuition & Billing
- Tuition is due on the 1st day of each month.
- Invoices will be emailed to the account holder(s) at the start of each month.
- Bmore Strings accepts most forms of payment including cash, personal checks, and credit/debit cards.