- Bmore Strings offers lessons year-round during the school year and also during the summer months. Our school year is divided into 2 terms, the 1st Term is September-December and the 2nd Term is January-June. Our Summer Session is July-August.
- Bmore Strings is closed for New Years Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Spring Break, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, and Winter Break. All studio holidays and events are listed on our Studio Calendar.
- Student absences are not eligible for lesson credits (refunds). Make-up lessons will be offered for student absences.
- Make-up lessons are scheduled at the end of each term on December 4th-10th, 2022 and June 24th-30th, 2023. To ensure equal access to make-up lesson time, make-up lessons are limited to 2 per term for each student.
- To be eligible for make-up lessons your teacher must receive at least 24-hours notice of any missed lessons in the form of phone call, voicemail, text message, or email. No-shows or forgotten lessons are not eligible for make-up lessons or credits (refunds).
- Make-up lessons cannot be rescheduled.
- Lessons cancelled by your teacher will be rescheduled at a mutually agreeable time or a full lesson credit (refund) will be issued towards the following month’s tuition charge.
- Inclement weather and Covid-related alerts are listed on our website banner and also on the News page of our website. Students and parents will also be notified through email, text message, and phone calls when necessary.
- Please notify your teacher 2 weeks prior to discontinuing lessons.
Tuition & Billing
- Lessons are paid for on a monthly basis.
- Tuition is due on the 1st day of each month.
- Invoices will be emailed to the account holder(s) at the start of each month.
- Bmore Strings accepts most forms of payment including cash, personal checks, and credit/debit cards. You can also pay invoices online and enroll in Auto Pay by signing into the Student Portal.
- Bmore Strings organizes studio recitals twice per-year.
- Recitals are an exciting musical opportunity for students to display and refine their skills in stage performance in front of a supportive audience of parents, family, friends, and fellow students. Student participation is encouraged!
Violin & Viola Practicing
- Parental involvement in recommended for younger students in supporting student’s weekly practice sessions. Older students should plan their own weekly practice sessions that meets their musical goals.
- Students should bring their instrument and music books to each lesson. Weekly lesson notes will be emailed to students after each lesson. Students can also view their weekly lesson notes and chart practice time in the Student Portal.
- String students should keep their fingernails short. Longer fingernails will lead to tuning difficulties, and lack of clear articulation.