Skip to content
- Bmore Strings offers lessons year-round during the school year and also during the summer months. Our lesson year is divided into 2 terms, the 1st Term is September-December and the 2nd Term is January-June. Our Summer Session is July-August.
- Bmore Strings is closed for New Years Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Spring Break, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, and Winter Break. All studio holidays and events are listed on our Studio Calendar.
- Makeup lessons are offered for student absences. Makeup lessons are given in-person, virtually and through video. Makeup lessons expire after 7 days and need to be scheduled prior to the student’s next scheduled lesson. For last minute cancellations or if scheduling a makeup lesson is not possible, an asynchronous video lesson will be recorded during the student’s usual lesson day/time and uploaded to Google Drive.
- To be eligible for a makeup lesson your teacher must receive at least 24-hours notice of any missed lessons in the form of phone call, voicemail, text message, or email. No-shows or forgotten lessons are not eligible for make-up lessons or credits (refunds). Makeup lessons are not guaranteed and subject to teacher and student availability.
- Lessons cancelled by your teacher will be rescheduled at a mutually agreeable time or a full lesson credit (refund) will be issued towards the following month’s tuition charge.
- Inclement weather and Covid-related alerts are listed on our website banner and also on the News page of our website. Students and parents will also be notified through email, text message, and phone calls when necessary.
- Please notify your teacher 2 weeks prior to discontinuing lessons.
Tuition & Billing
- Lessons are paid for in advance at the start of each month based on the number of lesson days occurring in the month.
- Tuition is due on the 1st day of the month.
- Invoices are emailed to account holder(s) 7-10 business days prior to the due date.
- Bmore Strings accepts most forms of payment including cash, personal checks, credit/debit cards, and PayPal.
- Bmore Strings organizes studio recitals twice per-year.
- Recitals are an exciting musical opportunity for students to display and refine their skills in stage performance in front of a supportive audience of parents, family, friends, and fellow students. Student participation is encouraged!
Violin & Viola Practicing
- Parental involvement in recommended for younger students in supporting student’s weekly practice sessions. Older students should plan their own weekly practice sessions that meets their musical goals.
- Students should bring their instrument and music books to each lesson. Weekly lesson notes will be emailed to students after each lesson and also uploaded to Google Drive.
- String students should keep their fingernails short. Longer fingernails will lead to tuning difficulties, and lack of clear articulation.