Start learning the craft of playing a stringed instrument online. Unsure? Have questions? See Bmore Strings’ Online Lessons Guide for helpful advice. Visit Bmore Strings’ studio policy and rates pages for more information.
Schedule Your First Online Lesson!
Free 15 minute trial lesson for first-time students!
- $30 per 30 minute individual lesson
- $50 per 60 minute individual lesson
- $20 per 30 minute group lesson
- $30 per 60 minute group lesson
Beginner Violin & Viola
Beginning strings students will focus on the basic elements of playing a stringed instrument such as instrument hold, bow hold, and finger placement. Students will work on ease of playing and develop a relaxed performance approach. Students will learn to read music while being introduced to one-octave scales, arpeggios, short etudes, and other technical exercises. Students will begin performing a wide-range of music including classical compositions, folk music, and/or popular songs.
Intermediate Violin & Viola
Intermediate strings students will focus on developing increasing levels of bow control and accuracy of pitch. Students will be familiar with playing in 1st through 3rd positions and with shifting technique. Students will study two-octave scales, arpeggios, etudes, and other technical exercises. Students will begin performing longer more extended works including classical compositions, folk music, and/or popular songs.
Advanced Violin & Viola
Advanced strings students will focus on the subtleties of musical expression and tone development. There will be an increasing level of concentration on building consistency, dexterity and speed. Students will study three-octave scales, arpeggios, etudes, and other technical exercises. Students will be comfortable with playing in all 12 keys and in any position on the instrument.
- Advanced strings students interested in performing classical music will focus on building repertoire, musical interpretation, sight-reading, solo pieces, ensemble performance, audition preparation, and concert promotion.
- Advanced strings students interested in performing contemporary and/or popular music i.e. fiddle, rock, and jazz string styles will focus on working with alternative rhythmic, harmonic and melodic structures, chord-scales, improvisation, sound reinforcement, solo performance, ensemble direction, music composition and arranging techniques.
- Advanced strings students interested in performing several different musical styles will have a dual focus.